Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,267 total conversations in 494 threads

+ New Thread

What are the rules regarding uploading fanart with no existing entry?

Last posted Apr 25, 2024 at 04:48AM EDT. Added Apr 25, 2024 at 04:01AM EDT
3 posts from 2 users

Sorry if this comes off as a silly question, but even after reading through the Rules and Guidelines and a few dead links, I couldn't find a clear-cut answer.

As I understand it, I've seen people upload fanart under more broad categories instead(anime/manga,gaming, etc.). Would this be the best approach?

Last edited Apr 25, 2024 at 04:01AM EDT

If you need to upload media for an entry that does not exist yet, you can upload them with no entry specified (referred to as your "user gallery") and it'll be accessible from your profile. Admins do this all the time, and entry/media mods are always available to move them to the proper entry later.

If you are uploading media that does not belong in an entry at all… why? If you want to use an image in a forum post or comment, you can embed directly from the source, or link to the artist's page. Screenshots and other site-related meta content go in the KnowYourMeme entry. There is no point to re-uploading random fanart you find to KYM. There's no rule against it, but we'd prefer if you did not do this.

Greetings! You must login or signup first!