Forums / Discussion / General

232,989 total conversations in 7,790 threads

+ New Thread

For the love of god, staff, please run a poll

Last posted Apr 21, 2024 at 01:29PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2024 at 06:41PM EDT
12 posts from 9 users

This new layout is terrible, and everyone on this site will tell you just the same thing. It's much harder to find trending memes, harder to navigate overall, and far more generic. But don't take my word for it. Of all the websites to make shitty updates to their format, y'all seem like the one place that might actually listen to user feedback. So please, run a poll on which site layout is better, this or the old one. Whatever you're aiming for with this new format, I promise it's not worth it.

blank profile pic wrote:

Screenshot? Everything looks the same to me, and I even tried logging out to see if that would make a difference.

I had to zoom out just so you could see anything, on a freaking BROWSER.

So why website designers make the same mistake and overuse whitespace while making information density extremely sparse? It's bad even on desktop computers, let alone on mobile devices.

Evilthing wrote:

So why website designers make the same mistake and overuse whitespace while making information density extremely sparse? It's bad even on desktop computers, let alone on mobile devices.

There’s two reasons I can think of:
1. Shareholders. Pretty much the ones who has the most investment into the stocks for these companies have the priority of their feedback moreso than anyone who uses the site. The top shareholders just so happen to also particularly responsible of second reason. Which is-

2. This is a byproduct of Apple and Apple iPhones. Ever since the iterations of iPhones many social medias try to implement the same clear white background with overly simplified logos and designs. You’ll be lucky if the site offer you a dark mode. It’s the reason why so many websites are designed for phone user’s first and website second at best, to none at all. Most websites completely forgo user personal design in favor of a collective interface. Literately they want appeal to the silicon valley folks and snobs.

Hauu! You must login or signup first!