Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,724 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Dumb factoids about yourself

Last posted May 04, 2024 at 10:08PM EDT. Added Apr 25, 2024 at 10:11AM EDT
10 posts from 10 users

I'll start:

So I didn't bother looking in to this "mewing" crap until recently because for a long time it was something mainly associated with incels and like hell I want to indulge those folk. Lately I've noticed it's now become more of an ironic meme where people just reference it more as a joke than anything (even corpos like Duolingo referenced it in a YouTube short) so I went "fuck it, might as well find out what the hell this shit is."

The second I found out "mewing" is "a practice believed to help reshape ones face by leaving the tongue against the roof of your mouth" I went "…what the fuck?! That's just how my mouth is by default when it's closed!" And it's been that way all my life as far as I know. So wait you're telling me most people don't have their tongue against the roof of their mouth when it's closed?

Oh and wanna know something kinda hilarious? I've been engaging in voice training to make my voice sound more feminine and guess what was recommended as a method to help train my mouth to better attain the resonance needed for a softer, feminine voice? Mewing.

For some reason this shit makes me fucking giddy and I can't explain why.

Mistress Fortune wrote:

I'll start:

So I didn't bother looking in to this "mewing" crap until recently because for a long time it was something mainly associated with incels and like hell I want to indulge those folk. Lately I've noticed it's now become more of an ironic meme where people just reference it more as a joke than anything (even corpos like Duolingo referenced it in a YouTube short) so I went "fuck it, might as well find out what the hell this shit is."

The second I found out "mewing" is "a practice believed to help reshape ones face by leaving the tongue against the roof of your mouth" I went "…what the fuck?! That's just how my mouth is by default when it's closed!" And it's been that way all my life as far as I know. So wait you're telling me most people don't have their tongue against the roof of their mouth when it's closed?

Oh and wanna know something kinda hilarious? I've been engaging in voice training to make my voice sound more feminine and guess what was recommended as a method to help train my mouth to better attain the resonance needed for a softer, feminine voice? Mewing.

For some reason this shit makes me fucking giddy and I can't explain why.

By the name of it, i thought "mewing" was just some furry stuff about pretending to be a cat. I just googled it and i think it's not just leaving the tongue against the palate (the roof of the mouth) but actually PRESSING it with some force. I'm just imagining someone thinking that their tongue is strong enough to change the shape of their jaw and cheekbones by pressing hard on the palate, lol.

I really try to do the opposite, which is to loosen the jaw muscles by opening the mouth. When people get stressed, they unconsciously tighten muscles (like when they tense up the shoulders too much) and the jaw muscle is a common spot that accumulates tension, so slowly opening the mouth helps in relieving the stress.

Apart from that, i personally really like to crack my joints. Not only my knuckles, but anything that can make that "popping" sound that i find super satisfying. Neck, knees, wrists, etc. I did yoga for a while, so there's some stretching moves and poses that really help with joint flexibility and stress relief.

I purchased a ball python last September, and he's been my obsession ever since. Whatever it is that gives people their primal fear of snakes, I just never had it, and while I've understood for a long time that snakes are a more common phobia I have only in these last several months came to understand just how powerful a fear that is in some people. I'm always eager to talk about a pet and show pictures, but I've learned that I need to show a certain degree of restraint and etiquette as for some merely mentioning a snake or seeing the image of one is enough to cause feelings of illness. I've gotten shocked looks, been asked if it hurts to hold him, and some statements alluding to Satan.
He's just a soft little guy. Rats go in one end, farts come out the other. Why are you mad?

i like oreos, but hate anything "oreo-adjacent" (pop-tarts, for example)

i am also mostly neutral towards spiders, i don't mind their general presence, but absolutely cannot stand them on me. probably because i don't want to find out the hard way just how hard it is to accidentally drive one to bite you, and especially whether said bite is "annoying" or "deadly"

Sir Snakeboat wrote:

i like oreos, but hate anything "oreo-adjacent" (pop-tarts, for example)

i am also mostly neutral towards spiders, i don't mind their general presence, but absolutely cannot stand them on me. probably because i don't want to find out the hard way just how hard it is to accidentally drive one to bite you, and especially whether said bite is "annoying" or "deadly"

Ooh, speaking of Oreos

I prefer the cookies over the cream

I speak Spanish, but I have a difficulty when writing it. It's not a part of my brain I use very often and I would have to look up proper spelling for some words which would make the effort tedious.

I don't like most pets, but I do keep parakeets and cockatiels. Birds are cute.

I climbed Mt. Whitney, after 4 failed attempts. I had really shitty luck from brush fire, losing permits, avalanche dangers, and inclement weather which either saw the journey cut short or cancelled outright. Either that place is cursed or I am.

Dumb Factoids
1. I'm deeply afraid of others and going outside
2. It is very hard for me to talk to others in reality or games
3. I have really big feet that constantly hit everything
4. I have a hard time watching a movie or playing a game twice
5. Birds scare me

- For some reason, I can't sleep while laying on my back. Even if I try, I end up turning to my side.
- I hate nail-files' texture and the sound they make, so instead I rub my nails on the side of my bed to smooth them.

Greetings! You must login or signup first!