Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,750 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

Sticky Sticky Featured Featured
**The Art Thread For Everyone** Do whatever...just dont touch the work and stay behind the rope!

Last posted May 06, 2024 at 02:12AM EDT. Added Feb 24, 2012 at 01:06AM EST
1791 posts from 285 users

Sugary Salt wrote:

I started drawing Lucky Chloe from Tekken, but then I thought…what if I gave her boobs. And so I did. The possibilities present in the creative process continue to amaze me.

Bandai Namco, hire this person.

It was a daunting task drawing Sonic in my own style rather than replicating the games' art style, but I did make it a little easier for me by taking inspiration from Sonic's movie design (and taking notes on what not to do with the original movie design). Tails was much easier to redesign because he lacks some of Sonic's design choices like the conjoined eyes and the side mouth, and I emphasised the mechanic side of him by giving him thick work gloves and steel-toed boots.
In the last image below, I shaded the characters in the style of Ghost Trick (I love the game, buy it when you have the chance).

I've been drawing nothing but Sonic fan art for two months, so why not draw a crossover with Dragon Ball while I'm at it. I grew up with both series, and one of my favourite childhood pastimes was imagining the Sonic characters reenacting key scenes from Dragon Ball.
This started out as just sketching one of my childhood fantasies, but I was motivated to refine the drawing as best as I could in Krita as a tribute to Akira Toriyama. May he rest in peace.

Word Up! You must login or signup first!